Library Youth Services Assistant
Northbrook Public Library
Northbrook Public Library seeks a Youth Services Library Assistant
Schedule: 20 hours/week including evening and weekend hours;
About the Position
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative Youth Services Assistant to join our Youth Services Department. This position is responsible for:
- Providing reference and readers advisory at a busy service desk in Youth Services.
- Assisting, developing, and leading programming for children and teens.
The Youth Services Library Assistant will also collaborate with the Storytime team to assist early childhood programs as well as help edit virtual program videos. Other duties include planning, coordinating, and updating weekly and monthly book displays.
Qualifications and Experience
A qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree, at least one year of customer service experience, and experience working with children in addition to strong customer service skills, fluency using computers, technology and a variety of library software programs and collaborating with staff across teams and departments.
We want to hear from you if you:
- fully embrace our core values of innovation, inclusion, life-long learning, customer-focus, and collaboration,
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- thrive in a collaborative environment across and within departments,
- are committed to highlighting diverse representation in the programming offered, books recommended, and resources provided
- have a positive outlook and focus on learning from failure,
- are flexible with change
We are seeking diverse candidates that reflect different identities and encourage those who have gained skills outside of traditional education to apply. All abilities are encouraged to apply. Experience working with children, birth through high school is required. Korean language skills are a plus.
Click here for more information and to apply. Please remember to attach cover letter and resume. Both documents are required for candidate consideration.