Library Reference Assistant
Northbrook Public Library
Northbrook Public Library seeks a Reference Library Assistant.
Part-time: 18 hours/week
Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 5-9pm, every other Sunday 1-5
About the Position
We are seeking a detail-orientated library assistant to join our Reference Department. The ideal candidate will have solid computer and customer service skills, be comfortable relating to a diverse group of people, and be able to work accurately in a changing environment with frequent interruptions.
Applicants must possess the ability to:
- Provide excellent customer service at a busy public library reference desk
- Assist library patrons with computer printing, copying, faxing and other technology.
- Assist with providing public programs.
- Accurately enter new magazine issues into the library catalog.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent knowledge and skill in area(s) related to the responsibilities of this position.
- Excellent computer skills; Polaris experience a plus
- At least one year of customer service experience
- Excellent communication skills and a positive outlook
- Knowledge of eBooks and reference resources.