Library Circulation Clerk (Part-Time)
Northbrook Public Library
Northbrook Public Library seeks 2 Circulation Clerks
Part-Time: 18 hours per week
Sunday 12-5:00 pm
Monday 5-9:00 pm
Tuesday 9-2:00 pm
Wednesday 5-9:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Thursday 11:00 am-7:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am-5:00 pm
About the Position
If you are friendly and team-oriented, a Circulation Clerk position is the one for you. We are seeking someone who is customer service focused, values working with diverse groups of people, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidates will possess the ability to adapt quickly, provide feedback and work independently. Flexible thinking is a key skill for success in this position.
- Perform various circulation functions such as:
- check in/out books and materials
- open and close the library during an assigned shift
- prepare basic circulation reports as pertains to daily work
- Interact with patrons:
- concerning circulation of materials, issuance of library cards, collecting fees, etc.
- responding to direct patron inquiries and interacting with outside agencies including other local libraries
- answering incoming telephone calls providing routine information, transferring calls and taking messages.
- Inspect and redirect materials for cleaning, repair, withdrawal, and reordering.
- Upon request, assist with training staff on circulation processes and procedures.
- Sort, shelve, and shift materials.
- Participate in relevant training, continuing education and/or professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of a high school education.
- One year of general work experience including frontline customer service, preferably in a public library setting.
- All abilities are encouraged to apply.
We are seeking diverse candidates that reflect different identities and encourage those who have gained skills outside of traditional education to apply.
Apply here. Click on links to read the job description, the library's Service Standards and learn more about our award-winning library.