Who We Are: A Reputation You Can Trust. . .Chestnut Square at the Glen is an independent living community for adults 55+ who choose a secure retirement lifestyle that is active, stimulating and fulfilling.
Description: Chestnut Square at the Glen located in the northern suburb of Glenview is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full time-benefited Maintenance Technician to work Sunday-Thursday from 8:30am-5pm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Repair fixtures and equipment as necessary.
- Conduct safety inspections.
- Perform minor carpentry repairs.
- Plaster, repair walls and paint.
- Perform lawn maintenance, trim bushes and maintain grounds as necessary.
- Check all work requests on the computer.
- Return all work orders in a timely manner to the manager.
- Remove snow and ice from sidewalks, stairs, and entrances to the facility.
- Completes and follows all inventories for materials and tools keeping manager informed of needed in house purchasing.
- Operates and monitors plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Be on call for emergency situations.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned.
- Check event book daily
Requirements: Associates degree or completion a vocational education program preferred. Must have good working knowledge of plant equipment operation, maintenance and repair techniques. Ability to regularly lift 50 pounds. Experience in senior housing strongly preferred. Experioence in multi-family housing a plus.
Submit resume to:
Chestnut Square at the Glen
Attn: Human Resources
2601 Chestnut Ave
Glenview, IL 60026