Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Accountant to join our Corporate Accounting team at its global headquarters in Northbrook, IL. WJE employs extraordinary people - talented individuals with outstanding character who seek to excel as members of a team. If you think you fit this profile and meet the qualifications detailed below, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Accountant will assist with the management of the overall financial reporting operations of the Company and supports the efforts of the Controller and Associate Controller.
WJE is a global firm of engineers, architects, and materials scientists committed to helping solve, repair, and avoid problems in the built world. Since 1956, our applied experience from more than 175,000 projects and our state-of-the-art laboratory and testing facilities have made WJE a leader in providing innovative yet practical solutions to the clients we serve.
- Supports the Controller and Associate Controller with the month-end close process, including compiling data, posting journal entries, and preparing supplementary reports
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliations and other account analyses to ensure accurate financial statements in a multi-entity, multi-currency environment
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial statements and other standard reports
- Develops and documents business and accounting procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Participates in financial system evaluations, testing, and implementation
- Performs other ad-hoc responsibilities as needed to support department and company initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related discipline
- 4+ years of progressive, related experience
- CPA or an advanced degree in a relevant field preferred
- Strong financial systems (Deltek preferred) and Excel experience
- Experience in the professional services industry preferred
- Process and detail-oriented approach to completing tasks and issue resolution
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and verbally with senior leaders
- Strong integrity demonstrated through all decisions, communications, and actions
- Proven ability to lead in a team environment of diverse individuals
- Capacity to adapt and show flexibility through daily activities as new and unexpected circumstances develop
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability along with the ability to read and write. Individuals must have the dexterity to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office equipment. The position mainly involves working at a desk and requires the ability to remain for extended periods at a workstation.
Annual starting base salary (gross): $74,320 – $111,480. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on several factors including consideration for a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base salary is one component of our total compensation package for employees. WJE offers an industry-leading total rewards package that enables our employees to grow and thrive with comprehensive health and financial benefits including robust and affordable health plans, generous 401(k) matching and bonus programs, time off to care for yourself and others, and investments in employees’ professional development, to name a few. More information on WJE’s total rewards package can be found here.
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.