Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) relies on the talent and dedication of essential corporate support functions to deliver exceptional service to our external clients and support for our project managers amidst the demands of a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for Billing Associates to join our team. We have opportunities for highly motivated, customer service-oriented, and well-organized professionals to grow their careers with our Accounting Team, located at our company headquarters in Northbrook, Illinois.
Our ideal candidates possess expert knowledge of core accounting principles with experience in generating high-volume and complex invoicing. This position requires strong analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to work in partnership with a variety of project managers to ensure our customers receive timely and accurate invoices.
WJE is a global firm of engineers, architects, and materials scientists committed to helping solve, repair, and avoid problems in the built world. Since 1956, our applied experience from more than 175,000 projects and our state-of-the-art laboratory and testing facilities have made WJE a leader in providing innovative yet practical solutions to the clients we serve.
- Manage complex billing activities while adhering to internal and external deadlines and processes
- Partner with Project Managers, assessing the accuracy and integrity of accounting-related information in Deltek Vision
- Create draft invoices (pre-bills) and routes to project managers making necessary adjustments as needed according to client contractual terms
- Demonstrate persistence in following up with project managers and relevant team members to resolve customer billing issues
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of financial information through independent review of accounts payable, timecard, expense, and invoice entries
- Develop ways to improve the efficiency and accuracy of department processes and procedures
- Assist Accounting Supervisor in delivering company-wide accounting services
- Minimum five years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field preferred
- Experience in Deltek Vision processes (billing, collections, financial analysis, etc.) preferred
- Strong service client orientation with the ability to effectively manage customer relationships
- Skilled in working comfortably in a team environment or independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability along with the ability to read and write. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, and other office equipment. Position requires the ability to remain for extended periods at a workstation, as well as the ability to lift 25 pounds.
Annual starting base salary (gross): $46,600 - $72,200. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on several factors including consideration for a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. Base salary is one component of our total compensation package for employees. WJE offers an industry-leading total rewards package that enables our employees to grow and thrive with comprehensive health and financial benefits including robust and affordable health plans, generous 401(k) matching and bonus programs, time off to care for yourself and others, and investments in employees’ professional development, to name a few. More information on WJE’s total rewards package can be found here.
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans (VEVRAA federal contractor).
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click Here to Apply.